Wednesday, December 16, 2009

To Sleep Or Not to Sleep...

So today at work I found out that the owner of the dog kennel/breeding kennel I work at was going to put on of the golden retievers they own to sleep. His name is Hudson and he's a very kind dog, he wants nothing more then a belly rub when you open up his kennel for any reason. He is about 2 years old, barely out of the puppy phase. (judging by the fact that I am to feed my dog puppy chow until he's 2)

He has some joint problems so he gets stiff and has trouble walking now and then, however I don't believe he's in pain and he is suppose to get theraputic massages from the manager once a week and then from a professional once a month. The manager doesn't do this to take care of him. If she did I believe he would be doing atleast 30% better then he is right now. ALSO if he lived in a home he'd be doing better he could get up and walk around whenever he felt the need, right now all he can do is turn around in his kennel. I think in a home that can take care of him I think he would be doing atleast 75% better... Basically I didn't think he should be put to sleep because there are other options and I was angry and sad and it was just BAD! After they had a meeting with the vet and professional therapist they decided not to put him to sleep and try some other things for now which is goood. I just was really bothered by this and wanted to get it out there.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry honey. I'm glad they decided not to put him down. I think putting dog to sleep because their owners are too lazy to take proper care of them is the worst reason in the entire world.

    ReplyDelete